Sunday, May 12, 2013

1. Hello, you.

This blog is a project in a lot of things. I'd really would love to say that I have a theme, but I haven't.
I'd like to say I will focus only on beautiful clothing&interior design, but I won't.
I'd like to say I will collect only poems&photography here, but I won't.
I'd like to say I'll finally write all those stories I've been keeping in my head, but I probably won't do that either.
This blog will be, I'm hoping, just the truth about me&all the parts of me that I contain.

So, first, you should know that I'm a list person. They help me keep my headspace in order, and I really like to organize things into categories. As a person who has moved 17 times in the last five years--including one week in a hotel room, one year with my ex-fiancé, and five months in Europe--these lists have, I think, saved me from [entirely] falling apart.

You should also know that I use a lot of parentheses, brackets, &ampersands. Plus a healthy dose of smiley faces.  I like for you to know that I'm smiling, which is most of the time. :)

My bachelor's degree is in [first] English [then Studio arts; then Italian], so I am prone to over-punctuation.  Commas, colons, semi-colons, M- and N-dashes: I love them all.

I want you to know these things before you follow me any further. Because, if you'll allow me these little quirks of character, I'm hoping you'll allow me some much bigger liberties later on.  Namely, my indulgent practice of blurring the line between the reality and my reality. 

Because the truth is that I've always had a hard time with telling it.
But I'll try my hardest here, because there is no gelato in the shade. That only comes with the sun, toobright though it may be.
(And I do love my gelato.)

No comments:

Post a Comment